- Blueberries or any berry for that matter. Berries are high in fiber, water, and full of anti oxidants. They are available fresh, frozen, or dried and can be found year round.
- Broccoli is one of those green super foods that is said to reduce blood pressure and helps with bone health. Broccoli is full of vitamins A, K, and C. Sweet Potatoes are another vegetable that is packed full of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes prevents bone loss and helps reduce high blood pressure.
- Quinoa is one of those foods requires a specific taste, however one can simply live off of it alone. It is extremely nutritious whole grain that lowers the rick of heart disease and diabetes.
- Beans, beans, good for your heart! They are a low fat source of protein and can be used to replace meats.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein and comes in their own perfect package. They are portable and contain choline which is good for brain health.
- Salmon is a super food because of the omega 3 fatty acid it contains. It is packed full of protein and is an excellent source of iron. As well, salmon is low in calories.
- Nuts are a super nutritious food. Nuts are full of protein, heart healthy fats, and are full of fiber. Nuts are also considered an anti oxidant food!
- Plain Yogurt is one of the best dairy products because of the bacterial qualities it contains. The live cultures reside in atmospheres in the gut and balances the bacteria.
- Kiwi's may be hard to find in the northern starts, however they are packed full of antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamins A, C, and E. Kiwi's are considered to be one of the most nutritionally dense fruits.
Super foods are in a category all to themselves. They are foods that are found in nature, are not typically processed, and have a high amount of nutrition and are low in calories. In other words, they pack a big beneficial punch. Super foods are becoming very popular because of their healthy qualities and because they are cheap and found just about anywhere in nature and are easy to find. They can be eaten raw, frozen, or cooked without compromising their nutritional values. Many people are even replacing drugs my changing their diets and eating these super nutritious edibles . According to a very popular online medical ezine, here are the top 10 easiest super foods to find.